Thursday, January 22, 2009

Surf, Sun and Good Company

On Sunday the 11th, I woke up to our bedroom light being turned on and my husband saying "We are going to Santa Cruz!"
Me, "No we're not"
him, "Yes we are, the kids are ready to go"
Me, "Arrrggh, not today"
Then I rolled over.
him,"Ok well the kids and I are going then"
Me, "OK"

This was at 6:30 am by the way. To my defense, the night before that was my Mother in Law's surprise party. I was TIRED, and half asleep.
They didnt end up going, but we made plans to go the next weekend. Which would be last weekend.
So a couple of our friends jumped on board and we had plans to go on Sunday. Turns out the guys were planning on going surfing that day, usually low tide is early in the morning (my experience so far, but it changes all the time) it ended up being around 11. Perfect, we could all carpool up there as families, instead of the women and kids meeting the guys up there later.
So The Tolsons and their three kids, the Grahams and their two kids and us went.

The weather was GORGEOUS! The waves werent awesome for them but they were able to get their fix. We hung out at the beach for a few hours, then we went and ate a late lunch at a place called Hanks, went to a couple surf shops and stopped for frozen yogurt and headed home. Perfect day.


Heres the guys headed down with their boards.



Wet suits and rash guards are pretty sexy, I must say.


Zack and Doug ready to hit the waves.



Dave, Brett, Doug and Zack



Zack is headed out, notice all the seaweed in the water, crazy.



Little Miss Taylor playing in the sand.

Headed back to shore, exhausted. Well at least my hubby was. I would like to mention how sore he was going into this surfing trip. He took an extreme Cardio class the day before and he was spent.


Ok, so this is Doug and Robert "Wingnut" Weaver. Most of you might say, so, just a guy on the beach. Anyone who knows Doug knows Doug likes people, and likes to strike up conversations. Love that guy! Nope, not just any guy on the beach. For you fellow surfers you are already saying, "No Way! Thats awesome" Wingnut (his nickname) is a pro surfer, he starred in a couple surf movies. Since Zack took up this hobby, I hear about him all the time. Doug and him are practically friends. (im serious, that wasnt one of those name dropping, thats my celebrity friend statements) They both share the same passion. Well that was my first time seeing him, so I had to take some pics of the two buddies!





Heres Coleman skim boarding
I have a bunch of other pictures, I will post some more later. They are all turned different ways and need to be fixed, Im pretty sure I cant do that on here.

No comments: