Thursday, January 8, 2009

Im Hooked!



So I have heard about this Series so many times in the last year. I never considered reading it. I am a book snob, I will admit it. I love reading and all the benefits I get personally from sticking my nose in a book. I just didnt think this series was for me. Im really not into Sci Fi and this is what I related it to. I am not into "Harry Potter" or "Lord of the Rings" and this too is what I related it to.
So I found myself in a weak moment and got the book. Put it off for a day or two and the moment I picked it up it was all over with. I am hooked. I finished the last book "Breaking Dawn" on our trip to Tahoe. Now Im stuck wanting more. Usually the end of the book is the end of the story and thats it. Not this series. I want more. Stephenie Meyer has the most amazing ability of getting in the readers head and captivating us till the end. Its amazing to read a book and feel what the characters are feeling and to realize the lasting impression this Fairytale has had on me. I have yet to see the movie. I know if I want to experience more that is my next step.
So heres to neglecting my children, my husband, my house and my much needed sleep time. It was all worth it. I was wrong in the beginning and proud to admit that. Thank you Stephenie Meyer for being the most amazing Author. Thank you to my family for putting up with my absence. :) I promise I will now make it up to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Welcome to the club! I am now reading the series again for the second time. If you do see the movie, just don't expect it to be exactly like the book. Movies are never as good as the books, but I still really liked it:)

Marc and Stacy said...

Yea!!!! I am so glad that another wonderful woman has joined the crew of obsessed Twilight fans! I've read it like three times!

You have seen the movie right??