Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Saturday was my husbands birthday. With our busy weekend schedules its really hard to post anything. This is for you.




January 24, 2009

You turned 31 today. Its hard to believe. I feel like the young girl that just celebrated your 24th, but more like a woman than I ever thought I would be at 25. We have been together 7 years this year. You have been the light of my life. You are the reason I have not one but two joys in my life to help raise.

You have come so far in these last 7 years. From a confident hard working single father to a dedicated loyal loving Husband, Father of two, brother, son and Uncle. You never seize to amaze me at the challenges you are willing to take on and your constant zest for life. Its not very often that you will come across a Father that is willing to raise a child full time on his own. Not even willing but will fight for it. As a Father and as a Man you will not settle for less, you will make sure our children will always be first, no obstacle no challenge is too big for you. From day one I have ALWAYS admired your role and the responsibility you take on.

Our children are blessed to have such an amazing person as their father.

I admire your ability to be present, to not dwell on the past or think too hard about the future. My biggest struggle is staying present, I get so lost in the everyday tasks I forget to stop to breathe. You remind me to breathe.

I love that you know that relationships are work. Every relationship, marriage, children, family and friends. You always make an effort to work and maintain these relationships.

You have a constant discipline to not lose yourself. I admire that. You remember to keep you on your priority list. Please don't confuse this with being selfish. We all know that if we forget about ourselves we forget how to live, how to be happy, how to love, how to provide, how to teach, how to learn, how to enjoy our passions. You remember to live and enjoy yourself while doing it.

You face any situation, problem, conflict, head on. You are the most courageous person I know.

With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity. Keshavan Nair

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power. Alan Cohen

In every aspect of your life you give 110% and nothing less. It amazes me how much power you posses, and its so humbling because you don't even realize it. When you walk in it seems as though the world stops.
I love that you were gifted with the ability to tell a story. Not just tell a story, but you can relive it and make your audience feel as though they went through it themselves. Our Grandchildren will have the greatest experiences with you and your stories of our lives.

You play such an important role in so many lives. My life is better because you are in it. You are my rock, you are my light, you are my shoulder when I am weak, you are my lover and my best friend. I love you more and deeper every day. I understand you, I get you. Everyone has a story and this is mine. I love you Babe, and thank you for reminding me and making me feel special. As a Husband and a Father you are successful! Happy Birthday!


Did I mention you have a body of a God..........(I couldn't seem to find a place to fit it in)

1 comment:

Marc and Stacy said...

What a sweet post to your hubby! Happy Birthday!