Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Belated Happy New Year!

OK Im finally getting around to posting about our trip to Tahoe for the New Years. We try to make it up to Tahoe for a family trip once a year. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesnt. This year it almost did. The kids and I went but Zack had to be back in WA. We went back and forth on going but finally decided I am not staying home for 5 days with the kids by myself, with my husband in WA and the chance to play in the snow.

I have to admit its not the same without Daddy. All in all we had a great time. The weather was beautiful with the exception of one day. Of course the day we decide to go boarding. It snowed ALL day! I didnt end up boarding because I had Taylor. My sister and brother in law took him for me. Cole by the way is AWESOME! With the crappy weather we didnt get any pictures of them but not for the lack of trying. It was just too wet.

We had a fun time, playing games (apples to apples, rummi) and a LOT of WII, ate lots and lots of food, sledding, reading you name it. With 17 of us counting Hannah the dog we had a house full, not many dull moments.








The older boys spent a majority of their time outside building/perfecting their sled/boarding hill. Yes they whipped out the snowboards and tried to board down the hill by the house. Good times!





This is Taylor and Bella ROCKIN out to Guitar Hero!






My Dad lives up in Tahoe at the moment so he stopped by for a visit. I havent spent New Years Eve with my Dad in YEARS! It was nice and reminds me how much I miss him.





My Dad, Taylor and I.


This is my favorite picture of Taylor.OH I could just squeeze her.


Yes that would be me on top of my daughter. We went down on the sled and crashed and ofcourse I ended up on top of her. Notice in the second picture she looks a little scared. Oooops. She walked away unhurt no bruises no scratches. :)







Taylor is a little dare devil. She has no fear! Its amazing, she was so excited to fly down the hill. I was a little scared at first but after seeing her do it, I knew she was fine.



My nephew Ayden. So adorable. He LOVED the sled, he laughed so hard! He was moving very slow by the way, we didnt send him flying down the hill!






This is the day they went snowboarding. Taylor brought a bag full of snacks for herself and the boys she said. I did notice we went home with all the snacks and she didnt share with them. Hmmmmm.




My beautiful sister in law, Cole and Justin getting ready to brave the snow. Crazy kids!







Justin and Coleman ready to go!



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

1 comment:

Marc and Stacy said...

What a FUN new year! I love all these pictures!!!! I'm emailing you back soon!