Sunday, February 21, 2010

How we Celebrated....



With everyone we love. As you know my Father in law turned the BIG 7-0 so we celebrated with a Mardi Gras party.
It was a wonderful night with wonderful people, wonderful food, wonderful memories and laughs.
I mentioned a while back that I was working on a project and came across some problems with my computer. I was making a Video of him for his Birthday. Birth until now with some family history. 70 years is allot of pictures and memories. To spare you all the details I worked on it down to the wire. Literally. Packed the laptop in the car and some final touches on the drive to his home. It didnt turn out EXACTLY how I wanted it to but it was still perfect. I decided since I had a deadline I would present the draft version for him to enjoy. Then I would take my time to finalize the stuff I wanted. He had no idea I was doing it. Uncle Gorgy gathered us around for his entertainment which we find that we look forward to. For grandmothers birthday last year he wrote her a song which he sang to her. At most gatherings he has something up his sleeve. For my Father in law which is his Nephew. You see three brothers married three sisters. Its quite the tale. So the cousins are all double cousins. anyway....Uncle Gorgy roasted my F-I-L. It was great ;) Not to mention he is 91 and has a better memory than I do. amazing.





Goggy and Aunt Weezy with my FIL in the middle.
Coleman sporting the shwag




Karen (double cousin) Goggy, Uncle Gorgy Husband to Aunt Weezy sister to Goggy....got it? good.
What an awesome party and and awesome job Trace, you rocked it!!



Taylors pet pig
Host of Honor.......



HAHA THIS is my favorite pic!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice commentary of family outings...great pictures. I like looking and keeping up with how,what & where everyone is. Thanks!
love,
trisha b.