Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Birthday Brunch...a little late


This is actually what the point of my last post was going to be about. Taylor's birthday brunch.
I started out the last post talking about the festivities in our lives, in our families, the fact that we fail to realize the festivities never end. It starts with the Pumpkin Patch in September which leads to Halloween in October, then its Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and then the Birthdays begin, Valentines Day, more Birthdays, St. Patricks day, Baseball, more birthdays, Easter, and so on and so forth. We celebrate, every occasion, with all of us, like its our last. We have fun, we get tired, we do it all over again. Since Zack and I got together, we have made a big deal about Cole's birthday every year, and then Taylor's birthday, and now both of their birthdays. In general every occasion is the means to celebrate. When I was growing up, we didn't celebrate every birthday with huge festivities, yes we celebrated, we acknowledged our special day, but no where in the means that we do it today. I love it, I love to entertain, I love to plan and I love the company. Sometimes we remind ourselves that it is ok, to take a step back and slow down a little bit. We can celebrate and make the occasion just as special in a smaller version. This is the attitude we took on for the kids' birthdays last year and this year as well. We chose to make it more of a family affair instead of a friends and family affair, with the size of my Husbands family, its always a party. This year, we decided to do brunch, simple, just family, brunch. I even decided to do pot luck just to be sure that I wasn't over extending myself. (Plus I like to have the variety of everyones choices, and the recipes, nothing better than finding a new good recipe to fall in love with, thanks Jen you always pull through!)

So we had the food,
(no picture of the spread, I will remember next time)


we had the song, we had the cake,
(uuummm shes either shocked, singing to herself, or getting ready to blow! )


(sorry about the picture of the cake, apparently I didnt get one before we started messing with it)

we had the family,

(Ayden and Auntie, he is often the life of the party!)
we had the decorations,

we had the presents,
and we had the birthday girl!
(This would be Taylor watching Daddy and Mommy cut her cake, while rocking her new baby, a big baby "my little pony" w/ a bink bink as she would call it, precious!)
Which by the way, big difference from age 3 to age 4 in the realization that "Its my birthday! Taylor was the definition of a birthday princess. She gave orders, she flew through her presents, she said Thank You's, she made sure EVERYONE was there to sing to her. She was excited, and it was simple and it ended quick!


Taylor still holding the new addition to her children, in her princess castle, AWESOME gift, it was a huge hit with all the kids. Ayden wanted to get in the castle with Taylor, Taylor didn't really want him in the castle with her, so Ayden being little smarty pants that he is, snuck around to the back, and quietly scooted himself in there. It was rather funny, even funnier that Taylor didn't realize it for a minute.
All in all she had a PERFECT day!

No comments: