Friday, June 11, 2010

Shes off to the big leagues!


Taylor graduated pre-school!












Shes such a big girl its so crazy. Im having a hard time grasping the fact that she will be in Kindergarten this year. It seemed like that day was soooo far away and now its right here. I have so much anxiety about this transition, this girl has a hard time with transition. She anticipates it and gets soooo excited about it but once its here she sticks her heels in the mud. Its such a hard thing to leave your baby somewhere and see them cry when you go. I want to drop everything scoop her up and run for the door. She is getting older and more mature and this change might not be as bad as changes before but this is a BIG one.
We are soooo proud of her and the progress she has made this year in preschool. I struggled with the decision for reasons now I dont understand. I guess I am a creature of habit and I see where she gets the resistance from, because Daddy, well he can fly by the seat of his pants. You tell him you want to change something and he will dive in head first with a smile on his face.
Taylor loves what she calls her "homework". Everyday, everywhere she goes she has a bag that carries her books and paper and pens, she pulls them out everywhere and works on her homework. This is where she writes and draws to her hearts content. She often asks me, "Mommy how do you spell.....?" To which I will reply with the letters of the words she is spelling, she can write the letter just by my saying it. She is starting to sound letters out to spell and read. She loves memorising books and reading them back to us. She learns new songs almost everyday and sings them while she takes a shower. Last night she made a heart out of her big leggos. Literally. Daddy and I were very impressed! I love seeing the product of her mind, sometimes we battle a little because she has a certain word or something in her head and cant remember what it is, so I have to try to guess. I get a little flustered. haha phew. Her best work she is most humble about. I will find it in the stack of papers from class or in her bedroom and it stops me in my tracks. It amazes me what the little mind retains and what it can produce. I am struck everyday by her abilities and am soooooo excited to see her blossom in the big leagues. Elementary school.

No comments: