Monday, September 28, 2009

All dogs go to heaven

A month or so ago my Mom had to put her dog Rosie to sleep. She had some health issues that they could operate on but the Vet said she would never be 100% and have a rough life. So my Mom had to make that gut wrenching decision to put her down. Anyone that knows my Mom knows how she is about her children (animals).
Taylor loved that little dog. I had to explain to her that Rosie was sick and she went to Heaven. I have a REALLY hard time talking with her about "Death". I struggle with it. I know its a part of life but part of me feel like Im taking away a little of her innocence. Its silly I know, but its still difficult.
So we had this talk about a month ago and we havent been out to Grammies house so I figured being the busy child that she is she sort of forgot about Rosie, because Grammie has plenty of other animals to distract her. So Sunday we drove to her house to take her to breakfast for her birthday and this is how the conversation went.

T: Is Grammie Sad?
me: No, why would Grammie be sad?
T: because Rosie went to Heaven
me: oh.....yes Grammie is still a little sad about Rosie, she misses her
T: oh, so will Grammie want to stay home because shes sad about missing Rosie

So we pick Grammie up and we are leaving the driveway and Taylor wants to talk about it some more.

T: Grammie, where is Heaven?
T: SO did Rosie JUMP up there?

oh The innocence, I just want to hold on to it for as looooong as I can.

No comments: