Sunday, September 13, 2009

Taylor's FIRST soccer game

Saturday was a crazy day in the Brenner house, its started EARLY and went non stop alllll day until late. Needless to say I was exhausted. Anyway back to Taylor.

Saturday morning was her first game. I was a little nervous about this game. A couple things you should know about her. She is allot like me when it comes to large groups of people. She LOVES to be the center of attention but when its allot of people she gets really shy. I know its confusing. So we are working on this soccer thing. I didnt play sports growing up, i dabbled here and there but I missed out on ALLOT because of this. It was a total fear of mine and I really wished I was pushed a little harder to break through it. So I am giving Taylor a little extra push. Even though she is only 4 we can tell she is going to be an awesome athlete.
Her first practice she was SO excited about it but made sure Daddy or I was right there holding her hand the WHOLE time. :) They played a game called "Monkey in the middle" where a child is in the middle of the circle and everyone is kicking the ball back and forth trying to keep it away from the "Monkey in the middle" uuuuggh NO BUENO! She took one look at me and had this MOMMY save me look equipped with tears. Heart wrenching. I thought maybe she is too young, maybe we should try again next year.
Nope.
We are sticking it out.
So its getting better. We no longer have to hold her hand at practice.
The week prior to the game I kept telling her how the game was going to be and what she had to do, so she wouldnt be surprised when all the strange kids try to take the ball from her.
She was going to be the Goalie for the first half of the game.


Saturday was the day we woke up to rain and wind and slightly colder temperatures.






She is READY to go! Well there wasnt allot of action on her side of the field. Our team pretty much kept the ball near the other side.
She did so well.
Then she got really BORED!
At one point she said, "I want the Blue people off of the field" (The other team)
Then she got the look, like, I am DONE, and Im not going to stand here any longer. So I went for a little pep talk and found out she had to pee. pheww. She did tell me she didnt want to be Goalie anymore she wanted to run after the ball.


She did SOOOO good! We are SO PROUD of her!

1 comment:

RachelBarker said...

I love your cute hair in you little family pic up top :)