Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Playing around....

So after Taylor's bath last night she went and got my blow dryer. She asked me if we could blow dry her hair. Our usual routine consists of detaingler, curl defining cream a brush and a ponytail or braids. (Depending on the mood) She can be a real stinker when it comes to her hair. She LOVES ponytails. Its the easiest but can be boring and get really messy fast. Taylor's hair has gone through a few changes since she was born. When she was born she had a TON of black hair. At a few months old it all fell out and came back straight and strawberry blond. Then the transition really starting happening, it was very apparent that she would be a blond with lots of curls. It really shocked me at how blond she is though, I was sure it would darken up by now. So far she has my texture and Zack's curl. We have had her hair trimmed a few times but nothing major. The last month or so Zack and I have wanted to take her to get a hair cut, we knew she needed one. When her hair is wet and brushed out it goes to the bottom of her waist. I'm not ready to really cut it cut it, just clean it up a few inches.
So back to last night, we whipped out the blow dryer. With the use of the brush and my fingers her hair was straightening a little bit. So I decided to have some fun. I turned my flat iron on and whaaaaa laaaa!


The pictures are not very clear because they were taken from my phone.
She was very proud of her hair! ;)

If you look closely, her hair actually goes to the bottom of her shirt. It is so light that you almost don't see it. You can really tell that she needs a cut here.

So I didn't do a complete straightening job but you get the idea. I didn't want to fry her hair.


We decided we like her curls so much more!! Hehe. Although I'm sure when she is older, SHE will ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! ;)
By the way, I have a new found respect for curly hair. When I was a little girl I dreamed of having Taylor's hair. As a Mommy with a daughter with curly hair, let me tell you it is NOT easy! I never thought I would have to by my 3 year old hair products. I also never thought that Suave would not do the trick.

This is what Taylor's "Hair products" consist of.
Bed Head Foxy curls shampoo and conditioner (Don't even try to not use conditioner, DOES not work)
Paul Mitchell children's detaingling spray (This should be on my favorites list, this stuff is AMAZING, forget the green apple suave or ANY other detaingler it doesn't work for her, this is the only detaingler that I have found that works,,,,,of course!)
Aquage curl defining cream
Redken curl spray gel (sometimes, not everyday
and sometimes Mommy's hairspray, to keep the fly aways back

If we don't use anything then its an instant frizz ball. Poor girl. It really is so much work!
So my plan is to get her hair cut this weekend. Its time. :(




No comments: