Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Seattle Take 2!

So I would like to point out on my wish list I have a camera. This would be because Im still stuck in the stone age. I still use the old school camera, where you have to take your film down to your local walmart/target and have it processed. LUCKILY for me they feel sorry for those that still use this procedure and offer a digital CD. Hence the pictures I am showing you. The reason Im even telling you about this is because the camera and film traveled with me to Seattle and home. On the way there it was nestled all snug in my checked in baggage, on the way home it was nestled all snug in the bottom of my carry on. Has anyone told you not to send film through the Xray machines at the airport? I vaguely heard that somewhere, and being the big traveler that I am misplaced this information somewhere at the back of my mind. The pictures came out but not how I intended. The camera I do have that takes film is actually a pretty awesome camera and it generally takes pretty awesome pictures.


















These pictures are of the Ferry rides. Im sure many of you have taken the Ferry from Vallejo to San Francisco either for work or fun. Well this is very similar, except in this case you just drive yourself right on the ferry and off you go.


















On Saturday after our Ferry ride into Seattle since Zack is living/staying in Bremerton which is outside of Seattle, a Ferry ride or hour drive away. Seems far but really its not bad. Although he does the commute almost everyday, poor guy, im not sure how much I would like that. Although I would take advantage of the time to read one of my good books or just close my eyes for a minute. One thing we did talk about was how not so much fun the Ferry ride would be if you were commuting with children. The first thing I would invest in is a DVD player for my car. So on my first ride on the Ferry I look over to see a big SUV parked a couple rows beside us, no big deal, my eyes get drawn to the back seat where there are children sitting in their seats watching a movie and doing whatever else they were doing. No big deal right, well except there was no parents in sight. I guess they figured, there was no where they could go right!? I guess I watch far too many movies or are far too protective because a MILLION things ran through my head.



So this was a very proud moment for me. This is me entering in the Starbucks at Pike Place. Anyone who knows anything about Starbucks knows this is a proud moment. The very first Starbucks. To my surprise the store is extremely tiny and an eyesore at that, nothing special not even a big Starbucks HERE I AM sign. They do have boxes piled all around the store to the ceiling full of merchandise. They go through ALLOT of stock! I was very happy to stand in this 30 minute line (not sure how long) and get my latte and my beautiful coffee mug, which by the way I am so in love with. Im thinking I should pack it away for safekeeping, I mean its practically an heir loom. Well ok instead I wash it everyday and use it every morning.





If you look closely above the end of the van you can see the big Starbucks signage. Yep thats it. Reminded me of Old Sac.




So in this picture in front of Pike Place Market we stopped, well not really stopped but asked this young gentleman to take a picture of us in front of the Market. After carefully maneuvering in a few different spots getting just the right angle...this is what we get. Which Zack and I both could tell by the direction the lens was pointing, but at this point there was no way we were going to have him take another one.









We also visited the famous fish market in Pike Place. Definitely something you need to see. Except for the nasty Monk fish hanging in front. I have pictures somewhere just cant locate them at the moment. The guys sing and throw fish with their heavy accents its rather entertaining.
We also went to the Space Needle because if you ever visit Seattle you have to visit the Space Needle. There are allot of kid friendly activities to participate in. Being the kid less parents we were we saw a movie in the Imax theatre, "Mysteries of the Nile". We did not go up to the top or eat in the restaurant, maybe next time. We only had so much time to squeeze everything in.
It was a wonderful weekend, and I came back well rested with a very comforting feeling of Washington and the current place my honey calls home.
(Not really, this....... is always HOME)

2 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

I totally forgot the whole "no film in the x ray machine" thing.

And your pictures look great! I will say it again...I NEED A GETAWAY WITH MY HUSBAND!!! That looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

Jenny! Oh, my goodness. I was so surprised to get your message on my blog, but SO excited! You see, this is why I love blogging, you get to keep in touch with people you haven't seen in FOREVER. I was so excited to get to see what you are up to, and your sweet family. You're daughter is beautiful. All that blonde hair!!! So gorgeous, just like her mom. You seem to have such a happy little family, and that makes me happy. Isn't being a mom the best! Keep in touch. -Cori