Wednesday, October 8, 2008

She is Officially a BIG girl!


Everytime we go out shopping I check out the little girl bikes for Taylor. We decided it was her time. We are going through a tough time with Daddy being gone so this was her reward for being a BIG girl. She really surprised me at how big she really is. She has a couple trycicles and scooters which she loves. The scooters she picked up right away. The trycicles took her a little longer. She would do the foot scoot to get around. By the way the girl has some quick feet. I tried to teach her to pedal and she would try a couple times and tell me she couldnt and go back to scooting along. I honestly think it was a preferance for her. She just liked scooting because as soon as I told her " When you start pedaling with your feet Mommy and Daddy will get you a big girl bike" Was it not the next day shes yelling, "Mommy, Mommy guess what? Im pedaling and now I get a BIG girl bike! See!" Well I have to admit I did not keep my promise, well not right away at least. This past weekend Little Miss Taylor Rose got her big girl bike. She was super excited! She even had to have the basket to go on it. Anyone that knows our daughter knows she likes to carry her special things around with her, usually in some type of purse or bag. You never know what you will find in her purse. So the basket was a perfect fit for her. As you can see she has her water bottle and some sort of stuffed animal. Now mind you this is literally minutes after the bike was brought home. The other thing I would like to mention is, Taylor has another helmet, that I think suits her better. Notice this helmet slides off her head a little. Well its just like Bubba's. This was actually bought for him but was too small. So she thinks its hers. Im thinking it might have to find a hiding spot for a little while till she grows into it a little more. ;) Well she amazed me at how fast she picked up riding her bike. She actually goes a little too fast, scares me to death! She had one good spill in front of a parked truck, she did a good job avoiding the truck though, to my amazement hopped right back on. So I have to watch her extra close but she is doing wonderful. If her feet touched the ground more I would consider taking the training wheels off, not quite yet though.




















Oh and by the way I do make her wear tennis shoes!!

1 comment:

Marc and Stacy said...

That is so dang cute! Marc and I really need to get Montana some sort of tricycle. She loves bikes!