Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Exercise

This is something i want and need in my life. When I am exercising I feel on top of the world. It has really been hard to balance my time with the kids and work and fitting in time for exercise. I wish I was the type of person that enjoyed working out at home. We have the weights and the means to do what I need to do. I just dont do it. My sister in law has been an inspiration to me. She set a huge goal for herself and surpassed that goal by far in my eyes. She trained hard to participate in a triathlon. Not just any triathlon but a rigorous one at that. Her strong will and dedication enabled her to succeed. She set a goal for herself and let NOTHING get in her way. It was one of the proudest moments I have witnessed and a defining moment for me. If she can do it so can I. Im not planning on starting with a goal that huge. I have set some goals for myself though. I will admit my journey has not started out as good as I had hoped but I will get there. Its hard to fit in the time when you are a one man show but I cant let that defeat me. I have to be creative. I want it, so I will do whatever I can to make it happen. I have started jogging in the evenings, its allot easier than I thought. I am used to waking early and going to the gym before work and getting it over with. I will admit I miss it but not the alarm going off at 4am.

Last night I went to my first pilates class. I LOVED LOVED IT! It was good for me in many ways. The challenge of the class itself at the same time it was soooo relaxing. My Mother in law watched the kids so I could attend the class. I didnt realize how much I needed the break for myself till I got home. Since Zack has been working out of town, I have not had an hour to myself. I really needed that! Thank you Mom!

For those other Moms out there I recommend taking the time to attend a class. There are classes EVERYWHERE and with a quick search Im sure you will find one close to home. Its worth it and you need it.

I sometimes get lost in our everyday life I forget about some of the things I enjoy. I enjoy fitness. I love the payoff I get. Motivating myself to get out there and do it is a struggle sometimes but in the
end I am glad I did. My sister in law is still my inspiration, its a battle she has conquered. I will continue to fight to reach my goals, and will soon be running beside her.

1 comment:

Marc and Stacy said...

I totally agree...we all need that time for physical exercise. We are happier people that way. Marc and I run together every night and switch off pushing the jogger. It's vigorous because of all of the hills up here too, and so we have felt a huge pay off! I feel and look better than I have since way before having a baby.
I have a gym membership but again have a hard time finding the time to go. I bought a pilates DVD a while ago and can't find it. I'm totally interested in trying it. Maybe from your suggestion of trying it, I will now be more motivated to look harder for the DVD.