Monday, September 26, 2011

Its in the air

I always know when Autumn has arrived. Its in my biological clock. I get this urge to be in the kitchen. During the fall and winter months you can usually find me there on Sunday. Cooking up something, usually a new recipe for my family.
It has started. Let me tell you though, Dieting and cooking/baking/trying new recipes isn't all that fun. You have to get creative or just find that inner will power. Who wants to cook up all that yummy goodness and not eat it? NOT me.
Yesterday I tried a new White Bean Chili recipe. It would be the healthy version with turkey. It was great! My family loved it. I cant have chili without cornbread. Cornbread is one of those things that is super easy to make from scratch and way better than any boxed version.

Today I am fighting the urge to run home and make these.....
 homemade graham crackers. I NEVER even thought about making those. I'm sure they just melt in your mouth. You can bet by the end of the week I will have whipped up a batch. You cant make those without making these to go with them...

Marshmallows. Never thought to make those either!! I'm so excited. I might have to have a little cup of hot cocoa to go with if the weather permits. I might be jumping ahead of myself there though. Maybe I will just turn my air conditioner on super freezing. Jump into some sweats. Light some candles and get to baking.

Anyone have any other recipes I need to try? 

No comments: