Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A wish list....

Coles 12th birthday is in a couple weeks, May 20th. So last night we were having a little chat about whats going on for his birthday. As I mentioned before, every year we have a party for the kids, Cole has had a birthday party every year of his life, he is one celebrated kid! We love him. So this year we were going to change it up a little. We decided he could invite a couple friends and we were going to Dream Xtreme to ride the wave! (Flowrider) Over a couple weeks I noticed the couple friends plan progressing into yet another party, us not wanting to leave anyone out.
Yesterday we were invited to go to Pismo for the weekend for Memorial (the weekend after his birthday). Oh that sounds FUN! Everything our family loves to do jam packed in a weekend of fun! A condo on the beach, longboarding, skimboarding, surfing, basking in the sun, yummy food, the beach, sand (ok thats not always total fun) good company! We are there!
So my fabulous husband had a fabulous idea. No birthday party in exchange for a weekend getaway doing the real thing, riding the wave. Brilliant! even more brilliant, Cole agrees!
I had asked him to present his wish list to me for his birthday. Ironically these were the things on his list.



This doesn't tie into the whole weekend but he asked for a pellet gun. Such a boy!






So I think it was meant to be, and I think he is going to be way excited about his gift!

1 comment:

Maran said...

Looks like it's going to be an awesome weekend! I've never been to Pismo but it sounds like a lot of fun! I really miss the beach living in Utah.