Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall Cravings

All my life I have had big legs. When I was a little girl I noticed at a young age my legs were different. When I sat down my thighs were wider and my calves well you get the picture. It wasn't until I was in Highschool did I come to appreciate my legs and their uniqueness. It wasn't until then did I thank my parents for the gene that they handed down to me. These legs definitely come with their own "issues". Some styles just don't work for me, no matter how hard I try. Skinny jeans, ya right. Tall Boots, HA!

The air is starting to cool. The leaves are changing. The last few days the sky has been falling. (Rain) Usually this time of year I am faced with my dilemma. I want boots. I want cute riding boots. I want to wear boots over my jeans. I am determined to make this happen. I stopped trying on boots because I knew I wasn't getting the darn things over my calf.

My girlfriend at work had on a cute pair of riding boots. She called them her biker boots. They were cute none the less. I was telling her about my leg boot issue. So she offered her boot to me to try on. She calls herself a big girl and told me she has big girl calves and a big foot and these boots clearly would fit over mine. So this has sort of been a joke for me. I have fun with it. I'm long over the insecurity. So I shuck off my shoes and attempt to stuff my foot and leg in her big girl boot. sigh. Her size 10 boot wouldn't accommodate my size 8 issue.

I love how wide calves are advertised as 14". Really!! I'm pretty sure I'm pushing 18". and if I had something around here I would measure. but for now I don't and I will just wish for some of these fall glories.




I know this has NOTHING to do with my leg boot issue. BUT I'm craving this color right now. Should I do it? 

No comments: