Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Girl

You need me right now. But you need Daddy too. The last 7 months have been rough for you. You have handled it like a champ like I knew you would. You went from being the baby our baby to a big sister, a big girl, the middle child. Not the baby anymore. It was like overnight you were supposed to grow up. I have never been so proud of you and never been so sad. When I was in the hospital having Brooklyn my heart ached for you. I wanted to be with you, I missed you losing your second tooth and it made me sad. I cried.
I cried because your my girl. You are my biggest challenge. You know I can always do better, you make me do better. You challenge me. We learned this whole Mommy daughter thing together. Some days we are still trying to figure it out. I am so proud of you. I know right now you need me. Brooklyn came into our lives and turned your whole world around. You love her more than anything and do such a good job helping me with her. I appreciate that.
I promise to give you more of me. Like your late night dates with Daddy, just the two of you while the rest of the house is fast asleep. You and Daddy are buds. Secretly, I know he is your favorite. Thats ok though, because I know you need me. That makes it all ok.

No comments: