Thursday, March 24, 2011

The debate....

So. We all saw that I was 39 weeks pregnant and our little angel baby was not budging. I honestly did not think I would have been pregnant that long. Thats what I get for having expectations.
So needless to say, I was doing EVERYTHING I or anyone could think of to induce labor. Let me tell you which I would have told anyone else, its all a bunch of hoky poky. I should listen to my own advice. I was cleaning like a mad woman, like a serious mad woman. I was taking the dog for walks, he was walking me. I was doing laps around our court. I borrowed the neighbors stairs, and took them two at a time. Yes I did. and alll that other stuff I wont mention here, well other than ingesting anything. I was NOT even going to try that.
Nothing.
Nada.
Zilch.
Stuck at 3 cm. forever................
Contractions would come and go.....

So I arrived at my doctors appt. We went over our options and she was concerned about going past my due date because of the babies weight. We knew I could deliver 9 pounds 4 oz no problem. BUT she was 8 days early. Part of my knew this baby was not that big but I was going with my Doctor on this one.
This was a monday. If I didnt go into labor by Thursday, my due date was Friday, I would be induced Thursday morning at 6am. Call it pregnant hormones or whatever you would like but I left that appointment feeling defeated, I called my mom and cried.
Woke up Thursday morning with contractions 5 minutes apart. I was having that baby no matter what! Off to the hospital we went......

1 comment:

shayla.arnold said...

I can't wait to hear the rest! =) Congrats again!