Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yep!


I have to be honest. I DID NOT think I was going to make it this far. That's what I get for having expectations. You know that saying, Practice what you preach, follow your own advice, yadda yadda yadda. I need to listen to myself. ;) I have always said babies will come when they are ready, we can do everything to try to push labor but they wont come until they are ready. I DO believe that I guess I just thought well you know.
I went into labor with Taylor 9 days early and she was born in the wee hours of the morning on the 8th day. The way this pregnancy has gone I just assumed or expected it to be the same. I expected her to be early. Well early has come and gone and she is still cooking. I have a theory. Taylor was always a little firecracker during the ultrasounds and always kicked the Doppler when they were getting her heartbeat.She was unexpectedly early, she was ready to rock and roll. She has been like this with EVERYTHING, slept through the night in her own room at a month old, walked at 10 months, off the bottle by a year, potty trained before her 2nd birthday. She has done everything with ease, well except her little firecracker personality. This little baby in my belly well she slept through her ultrasounds, we would wake her and move around and she would just be content in whatever new position I put her in. Never an issue with her heartbeat. So I'm thinking she might just sleep through her due date. The thought of that makes me crazy. I know I'm crazy to even expect her to be early but I just did and with 5 days to go I'm just not sure if she will be making her appearance any time soon. lol I know this is out of my control so I'm just going to wait patiently, well I will try very hard to be patient. I have done allot of walking, shopping, stairs and cleaning. Today I cleaned the baseboards, the walls, the floors, the bathrooms, laundry you name it I'm doing it. My back hates me and this baby just slept right through it all. sigh.
I'm now going to try the opposite. I'm going to park my butt on the couch, finally get to those thank you cards I have been putting off and patiently await her arrival.
Brooklyn, can you just please hurry up. Please please please! Mommy and Daddy are ready to meet you

No comments: