Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cat attack

Tuesday I was at work and got a call from our daycare lady. Immediately Im on guard, everyone knows your daycare lady does not call you in the middle of the work day while she is watching your child to chit chat. She tells me, "Jenny we have had a little accident"
Taylor was laying down to take a nap and apparently had put her blanket over her face, my daycare lady said, she thought the cat must have thought Taylor was playing with her because she jumped on her, apparently claws out....right. She then tells me, she realized this because Taylor started crying and she went to see what was going on and saw the blood. She gave her a Popsicle and Taylor was good to go....Ummmm not so much. She said she was a little concerned and thought it might need a butterfly bandaid, it was a pretty good scratch.
So I sent Zack over to check her out.....and off to the emergency room we go.
At first they didnt think they could sew her up because it looked like more of an abrasion with a chunk taken out, not a clean slice. So after 4 doctors looking at her the Head Dr. in charge said O YA we can sew this up, but we will have to put her to sleep to make sure its done right. "WHAT!!!" PUT MY 4 YEAR OLD BABY GIRL TO SLEEP! MY heart felt soooo heavy and my stomach was on the floor. All of these images raced through my mind, ok, so asked about the glue, they have this fantastic glue that works just like stitches without the stitches. She agreed that we could do that. PHEEEWW!!
So they numbed her up with a topical ointment and glued her up. She was such a little trooper, my heart swelled. This child AMAZES me when she gets hurt. She is one of the toughest little girls (or even boys) I have ever seen. It makes Mommy proud. ;)
Here is her little owie before the glue.....


and here's her little owie after the glue.....nice work!

My poor little baby is scarred for life. :( Her reenactment of the incident is quite hilarious actually, she acts like a bob cat with the BIG MEOOOOWWW! and claws out and pounces! Im sure that is nothing like what actually happened, so she is quite the little story teller as well.

2 comments:

Nell said...

Poor girl! She sounds like such a little trooper, though. I swear our kids can handle it way better than we can when they get hurt.

Maran said...

This is the exact reason that I am a dog person. Cats are mean!!! Ok, dogs can be mean too, but cats love to claw at you. Anyway, poor little Taylor. I'm glad that you guys got it fixed. What a little trooper!